- Protocols for performing fit tests are found in CSA Z94.4-11 and should be performed by qualified personnel
- RROHS Standard Article 45: Equipment shall be selected, adjusted, used and maintained in accordance with CSA Standard Z94.4-93 (follow adjustments as the standard is updated)
- RPP (Respiratory Protection Program) must be developed and implemented in accordance with CSA Z94-93
Respiratory Protection Fit Tests
Any mask that needs to be worn deserves a good fit to ensure its effectiveness. In other words, no matter what respiratory protection is needed, the fit is just as important.
Why a fit test?
The qualitative or quantitative fit test allows to:
- Ensure that the respirator chosen offers the expected protection, i.e. that the face piece forms a tight seal with the face and is well adapted to its morphology
- Verify that the user has the ability to put on, remove, inspect and check the seal of the mask