- Inspection, maintenance and certification
- Fall Protection Equipment
Inspection, maintenance and certification
Fall Protection Equipment
Inspection, maintenance, proper storage, and good care of your harnesses and SRLs will not only extend product life but will also allow you to get the most value from your personal protective equipment.
Good news! We do it all for you.
Here are some crucial information and practical tips you can apply in your day-to-day to make sure your equipment is working as hard as you do.
- Competent inspector of personal protective equipment
- Recertification and repair of self-retracting lifelines
Why SAM ?
Reduction of equipment downtime
Minor repairs performed (if necessary) in conjunction with annual certifications
Automatic recall notification
for the following maintenances
Harnesses & SRLs: Inspection and recertification
Fall protection equipment needs to be visually inspected before each use and must be inspected by a competent person at least every six months. Frequent use or wear will need more frequent inspections. We suggest:
- Pre-use inspection
- Post-use inspection
- Bi-annual or annual inspection by a competent worker
What is a competent worker?
In general, for people to be competent in the health and safety aspects of their work, they will need a combination of the following requirements:
- be qualified because of knowledge, training, and experience to do the assigned work
- have knowledge about the hazards and risks associated with the job or task to be performed (e.g., knows what hazards and risks are present)
- know how to recognize, evaluate, and control these hazards and risks (e.g., knows what precautions to take or controls to use/are in place for the different hazards or risks)
- can work so that their health and safety and the health and safety of others is not in danger
- have knowledge of the laws and regulations that apply to the work being done.
Source: OH&S Legislation in Canada – Competent, CCOHS.BECOME A COMPETENT INSPECTOR
The bi-annual inspection carried out by a competent worker should be documented and the inspection procedures need to be carefully written down. If you have equipment that has been stored for a long period, a formal inspection by a competent person should be performed.
Remember to inspect all equipment according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Instructions should be kept in a location where they are readily accessible to the workers.
Don’t forget to remove equipment from service if a warning system or stress indicator has been activated and follow the manufacturer’s direction for equipment disposal.
We offer manufacturers' certified inspections for a wide range of partners.
Did you know?
Certification frequency: Fall Protection
Annually, unless the equipment has been damaged. If the equipment has been dropped or damaged, recertification must be carried out immediately.
Did you know? We recertify and repair self-retracting lifelines and harnesses. SPI logs all inspections in Field ID to ensure proper record keeping.GET YOUR HARNESS OR SRL RECERTIFIED
Come see us!
Even more resources
Looking for more information on fall protection?
Head out to our blog!
How safe is your workplace?
Watch this one-minute video to learn more about our offer.
Our consulting services team is dedicated to supporting you in your health and safety needs.
Request a quote
Interested in our services?
Our health and safety experts are there for you. Get support for your needs quickly.
Contact us by filling out the form.
Or call us toll free: 1-877-640-9534