Lockout Tagout: Risk Assessment
Course Description and Goals
This lockout training course is designed for workers who are involved in risk analysis and in the process of creating lockout/Tagout log sheets.
This two-day lockout training course allows participants to identify hazardous energy sources and define lockout actions that control these energy sources.
They will also learn how to apply the recommended risk analysis process (collection, entry, validation, start-up test) and use the necessary tools to assess the risk.
Did you know? We offer several safety training courses for a range of applications, click here to browse.
This course is delivered to meet either federal or provincial regulatory requirements, as well as options for MOL and ESC, approved courses.
A 3-year certificate will be issued after successfully completing this course.
Method of course delivery
Presentation, discussions, and demonstration
50% Written-test, passing score is 70%
50% Competency verification during practical
- The role and importance of lockout log sheets
- The steps of a risk analysis
- The information to collect
- The right questions to ask
- The challenges and issues
- The tools developed (collection grid and validation grid)
- The procedure for preparing the sheets (methodology)
- Summary of standards and regulations
- Perform a risk assessment of some equipment
- Collect some real equipment on the training site
Find the right training for you
Follow our training courses with an SPI training consultant at your company or in one of our branches.
Follow our training course with an SPI training consultant remotely via a computer or tablet.
3 Simple Ways To Register
How safe is your workplace?
Watch this one-minute video to learn more about the importance of a well-implemented lockout program.
Our consulting services team is dedicated to supporting you in your health and safety needs.