- RSST Article 5: Operation status of equipment
- LSST Article 51 (9): Give the worker adequate information as to the risks connected with his work and provide him with the appropriate training, assistance or supervision to ensure that he possesses the skill and knowledge required to safely perform the work assigned to him.
- LSST Article 51 (11): provide the worker, free of charge, with all the individual protective means and equipment
- Fit testing protocols are found in the manufacturing guides of the different equipment providers.
- RSST Article 137: the equipment shall be selected, adjusted, used and maintained according to the CSA Z94.2-74 standard (follow the adjustments according to the standard’s updates).
- A hearing loss prevention program shall be developed and implemented in compliance with the CSA Z1007 standard.
Hearing Protection Fit Testing
All hearing protection devices worn by a user should be well adjusted to ensure efficiency. In other words, no matter the hearing protection device needed, a fit test is equally necessary.
What is fit testing?
Qualitative fit testing:
- Ensures the selected hearing protection device offers adequate protection. The hearing protectors must be efficient according to the other PPE used.
- Verify that the user has the necessary skills to wear, inspect and maintain efficient hearing protection.