Protecting your ears from noise? We have solutions for you!
Different working environments can produce some of the most harmful levels of industrial noise. Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) is a very serious risk for workers since NIHL is painless, gradual, and invisible. This means the damage is often done long before it is noticeable.
Fortunately, hearing loss can be averted with the right tools. It is easily doable by:
- Having a good Hearing Conservation Program:
The implementation of a complete Hearing Conservation Program is required where hearing protection is needed. The CSA Standard Z1007 Hearing Loss Prevention Program (HLPP) Management suggests that it includes the following elements: hazard identification and exposure monitoring, control methods, workers’ training, record keeping, audiometric testing, hearing protection (selecting, use, and maintenance) and program evaluation.
- Eliminating or reducing the source of the noise with engineering methods
- Wearing the right hearing protection equipment
What should I know before choosing ear protection equipment?
Ear protection equipment helps reduce the risk of hearing loss and diminish the workers’ exposure to the noise level. Individuals who work in an environment where the noise level exceeds 85 decibels (dBA) need to wear hearing protection.
Hearing protection equipment needs to fit properly and should be worn regularly to maintain its effectiveness. Earphones and headsets shouldn’t be worn as a substitute for hearing protection equipment since they do not protect the ears against noise.
Hearing protection fit testing
The fit test is the most effective and accurate way to measure actual noise attenuation. The hearing fit test allows you to see the protection your employee is getting in real time.
You can find out if you and your employees are receiving optimal protection and if you need new hearing protection equipment.
In short, a fit test gives you a Personal Attenuation Rating (PAR), which is then used to select the right hearing protector. It is essential to mention that in addition to reducing the chance of hearing loss, fit testing allows you to:
- Work more comfortably
- Be more focused and efficient
- Reduce work-related accidents
VeriShield 100 Series
The VeriShield 100 Series from Honeywell offers a wide range of options that ensure comfort and protection against every noise level for every worker.
It is designed to be worn with other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hard hats or face shields and can be attached in just 7 seconds. It comes in low, mid, and high attenuation levels, and a high-visibility version.
- Adjustability: 17% more adjustable than earlier versions– the VeriShield helmet earmuffs comfortably fits a different range of head sizes.
- Wide cup opening: The opening area of the cup is 16% increased over earlier versions– ideal for workers with larger ears, or ones who wear hearing aids.
- Cushioned headband: The lightweight cushioned headband adds micro-adjustment precision designed for having the right fit around the ear.
- Memory foam ear cushions: The innovative memory foam combines dense and soft foam for greater comfort.
- Robust construction: The oil-resistant cup surface repels oil, resist frequent cleaning, and heavy-work environments.
- Air Flow Control Technology: Honeywell’s Air Flow Control technology offers optimum attenuation across all frequencies.
Honeywell VeriShield™ 100 Series Hard Hat Mounted Passive Work Earmuffs, 27 dB, Class AL
- SPI code: OCC040
- Industry: Construction, manufacturing, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, utilities
Honeywell VeriShield 100 Series Folding Work Earmuffs for Noise Reduction, 24 dB, Class A
- SPI code: OCC047
- Industry: Construction, manufacturing, oil and gas, utilities
Honeywell: a much broader offering!
If you haven’t found the hearing protection you’re looking for, Honeywell has other products that can meet your needs.
Honeywell QM24+ Dielectric Work Earmuffs for Electrical Environments, 25 dB, Class B
- SPI code: OCT012
- Industry: Construction, manufacturing, transport and warehousing
- Designed for extended wear
- Features an adjustable headband
- The soft foam pads are easy to clean
- Dielectric construction perfect for electrical environments
Howard Leight FirmFit Uncorded Disposable Earplugs, 200/Box
- SPI code: OBO032
- Longer wear time comfort
- Effective NRR 30 dB provides excellent protection
- Requires less pressure to roll down
- Slow recovery rate
- Distinct warning orange color makes compliance checks easy
- FirmFit is softer when you hold it
- FirmFit exerts less expansion pressure on the ear canal
Honeywell Laser Lite Uncorded Safety Earplugs, 200/Box
- SPI code: OBO046
- Industry: Agriculture, construction, forestry, manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, transport and warehousing, utilities
- Made of polyurethane foam
- Prevents dirt build-up
- The contoured T-shape allows easy insertion and ensures better comfort
- Vibrant colour to make them highly visible
- Noise reduction rating NRR of 32 dB
Howard Leight Max Uncorded Safety Earplugs, 200/Box
- SPI code: OBO009
- Made of polyurethane foam to improve comfort
- Easy to insert and remove
- Noise reduction rating (NRR) of 33 dB